Friday, February 17, 2017

Sidewalk politics

The other night I was walking on Warren Street, trying to decide where to eat. A woman came out of a building as I passed.

"Hi," she said. I turned around, already ten feet past her.

"It's Jane," she said, except she used her real name. I had seen her around town many times but we had never spoken. My first memory of her is from a community meeting, in which I made a suggestion that she didn't like. She rolled her eyes and screwed up her face as if I had farted. But maybe now she was being nice. I walked toward her and extended my hand.

"We actually haven't met," I said, "I'm Matt."

"Oh. You're not who I thought you were," she said. "Never mind."

She turned and walked away.

2 comments:

  1. It's odd how we can live so close to people yet act like strangers to one another. This is how it is in most American towns that I've been a part of. I long for a time that we give hugs to each other on the street as if we truly do care for each other.
    -Chris (Montgomery, NY)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com}

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to Le_Meridian Funding Service and for the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com} Or WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete